It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Vinyl Pressings?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:30 am 

Hi.
So I have both the recent Fruit Tree Box Set Vinyl, as well as a separate set of the three albums. My copy of Bryter' looks to be a later Island UK pressing, judging from the label. But my copies of FLL and PM are both newish looking with flemsy sleeves, but the vinyl seems to be well-pressed. The labels are exactly like the originals, but look too new to be the real deal. The worst part is that the pressing # is the same as the original. Could someone tell me which pressing I have of these two?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Vinyl Pressings?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 pm 

Bogo wrote:
Hi.
So I have both the recent Fruit Tree Box Set Vinyl, as well as a separate set of the three albums. My copy of Bryter' looks to be a later Island UK pressing, judging from the label. But my copies of FLL and PM are both newish looking with flemsy sleeves, but the vinyl seems to be well-pressed. The labels are exactly like the originals, but look too new to be the real deal. The worst part is that the pressing # is the same as the original. Could someone tell me which pressing I have of these two?

I can't help with this one, the only thing I know is that some stores sold the LP's from the box-set seperately, so you might have bought one of those. By the way: because one store sold them seperately it had the box and the dvd/booklet seperate in the store too, which was lucky for me, because I already had the old Fruit Tree LP-set, but not the dvd/booklet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:11 pm 

They were purchased a few months before the release of the Fruit Tree set. They did not include the sleeves which had the image of the original pressing's blue sleeves. They are simply white sleeves. I am convinced these were done recently, but not via the Fruit Tree releases. I have noticed a sealed copy of FLL at a local record shop, and it appeared to be the same content. Is island repressing these on their own?

Offline Profile