It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nick Drake Gathering
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:15 pm 

I'm booking my accommodation so I'm definitely coming. I was just wondering if there was any news on whether the guitar workshops are running this year?

Thanks
Lucy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Hi Lucy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:21 pm 

Hi Lucy I help run the Nick Drake Gathering in Tanworth-in-Arden, and we've only ever run a guitar workshop once, generally we don't have one. The main issue is having musicians who are willing to teach others and at this point we have not arranged a workshop with anyone.

However; that said I realise some people would like this so I shall ask around a bit and see if there is any possibility of having a workshop this year.

You see time is limited and generally the performers will want to be getting prepared to play at the main events so really we need other musicians who are not performing soon after the proposed workshop to run the workshop.

So although I cannot promise we will have a guitar workshop this year I shall look into it as a possibility.

HJ

http://nickdrakegathering.co.uk/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:55 pm 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply (and apologies for the lateness of mine)

Of course I understand that these things are tricky to run so I certainly don't want to create any extra work for people on top of what's already there!

Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be great and I am truly looking forward to it!

Thanks again
Lucy

Offline Profile