NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Nick Drake Gathering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLWalling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Nick Drake Gathering Reply with quote

I'm booking my accommodation so I'm definitely coming. I was just wondering if there was any news on whether the guitar workshops are running this year?

Thanks
Lucy
butterflies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Hi Lucy Reply with quote

Hi Lucy I help run the Nick Drake Gathering in Tanworth-in-Arden, and we've only ever run a guitar workshop once, generally we don't have one. The main issue is having musicians who are willing to teach others and at this point we have not arranged a workshop with anyone.

However; that said I realise some people would like this so I shall ask around a bit and see if there is any possibility of having a workshop this year.

You see time is limited and generally the performers will want to be getting prepared to play at the main events so really we need other musicians who are not performing soon after the proposed workshop to run the workshop.

So although I cannot promise we will have a guitar workshop this year I shall look into it as a possibility.

HJ

http://nickdrakegathering.co.uk/
LLWalling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply (and apologies for the lateness of mine)

Of course I understand that these things are tricky to run so I certainly don't want to create any extra work for people on top of what's already there!

Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be great and I am truly looking forward to it!

Thanks again
Lucy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Events/gigs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: