NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

oh..my...goodness..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:56 am    Post subject: oh..my...goodness.. Reply with quote

well well...tonight is the first night in which i realized nick drake existed... I almost want to cry. This music is so beautiful..and it resonates through my body like a winter chill. I await the morning anxiously..when I will be able to resume my journey..I must hear more
grace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I can,t believe that there are people all over the world which listen to nicks music.To me he is one of the greatest artists who ever lived.I visited his home a few weeks ago and made a small sculpture which I put on his grave.It was a magical experience.On the back of his grave are the words"now we rise and we are everywhere"wow!let the journey continue my friend!his music will last forever.
Ellen Lerner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Grace, I am a writer and I believe nicks music should be heard....everywhere.I am so inspired it is overwhelming. I tried to play some for my friends and they just did not "get it". It would be so nice to talk to someone who does. Please write me. Ellen
Rupert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I had the same problem- the people I played it for didnt get it or like it the first time they heard Drakes music. I was the exact same way... A friend let me borrow a CD and I listened and thought the music was good but I just wasnt all that interested, initially. This is the kind of music you have to listen to to enjoy.

Now when I listen to hear all the subtle changes and "mistakes" in the songs, which makes them all the better. This music was perfect on the first take many times. Its refreshingly different than the polished music that is shoved down our throats these days. When I listen to "From The Morning" I love the little slip-up where Nick misses a note- it actually makes the song better, if that makes any sense.

As a guitar player, I admire his musical ability, and as a wannabe-song-writer, I am blown away by his lyrics!!!

If you are trying to turn a friend on to this music, you have to make sure they listen to it several times at least, until at one or two songs can grow on them. The first songs I liked were Poor Boy and Time Has Told Me, and it just grew from there, to the point where I can no longer name a single favorite.
Philip Rutherford

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Hi Ellen. I watched the A Skin Too Few documentary on British TV last night and was touched by the beauty of his music and the sadness of his short but creative life! I am looking for friends who would like to converse about the life and music of Nick Drake. Please leave a message or email me. Philip.
Rupert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Without having access to the BBC, how can I get a copy of A Skin Too Few??? Is it available to order from somewhere?
harpo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:19 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I have a copy of Skin Too Few which I could dub for the cost of a tape and shipping only (not for profit). As far as I know its not forsale in North America. If interested contact me at harpojunior@hotmail.com
valko klont

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I can make a cd copy of A Skin Too Few
Ellen Lerner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Hello. I am so glad that you wrote me. I cant believe I missed a documentary on Nick Drake. Did you or anyone tape it? Do you know if they will repeat it? I would love to talk with you more. Please leave me your e-mail address. Be well.
Ellen Lerner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

By the way, I forget to say I am writing to Phillip from the UK.
Philip Rutherford

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Hi Ellen. You can e-mail me at
Sean McDevitt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I didnt think thered be enough footage of Nick for a DVD - from what I read in the biography. Any info appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Fans All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: