NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

RiverMan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Sylvian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: RiverMan Reply with quote

Going to see the Riverman, going to tell him all I can...just marvellous
Denise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

hmmm David was touring (or not but he was here just recently), but he lives in America... Not in Italy, nice thought though... Having him here on the board. I had the priviledge of having a interview with him a little while back for the radio here.

Abso great. He said that Nick is one who he feels he can relate to in many ways. I asked him about Nick of course as I heard he liked the music and as he had asked one of the guitarplayers of Nick's albums to play on one of his own as well...

Gentle, kind man, David is. Great performer too, grand show here in Rotterdam!

Thanks! Wink
Denise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

oh yes and btw...

"In the coldest hour something's going down

Whatever pierced the heart it didn't make a sound

I am terrified but I'm not losing sleep

If I'm falling then I'm falling at her feet

I'm leaving America, I'm taking a girl

I'm selling my soul again, I'm gaining the world

Every sense defies this impossible dream

None of the history books describe what I've seen"

'The Scent Of Magnolia' by David Sylvian

Denise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

heavens, I meant The Hague... where did Rotterdam come from? Oh... we had to change trains there! Anyway, it was at the Crossing Border Festival.

sorry for the mssg boom here...
Denise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

yeah... it can... oh but most of the time Nick is the one to calm me down, my whole soul seems to be able to breathe again when the first tunes of the guitar start. Its like one big sigh. Thinking; aaah yesss...

I used to have a friend closeby who'd say to me; calm down butterfly! And that would work. I don't see her every day anymore now. But Nick's music does a wonderful job at it too. 'Mayfair' for example, can probably kill almost any bad mood with me... That sends a smile straight to my lips... until a wide grin is passing all over my face when he says; "This is the instrumental bit" and kinda laughs...

Would love to have met him. Basically that is the main thing considering Nick that brings me to tears... I listen to his songs, I listen to him talking, I watch the pictures, the stare, so incredible, so shy, but looking straight into that camera...

I envy Keith Morris. As an amateur photographer I would have loved to have 'snapped away' some pictures of Nick... He does well on them...

Other than that, when I think of all of this I get this weird sense of 'missing'...

I would almost want to say; I'm sorry I wasn't there... Wish I could have been...

he you can mail if you want ( falena@chello.nl ) or have a look on yahoomssger ( falena_night ) or MSN ( cestlavie_musique@hotmail.com )

I'll give you an address to see soe cool David Sylvian pics as well then made by a very dear friend of mine.

Greetings!:)

"It would rain so hard that I would die, when I woke, I could live another life..." - Rachael Sage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: