NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

A Skin Too Few

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orv Pibbs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: A Skin Too Few Reply with quote

I saw A Skin Too Few last night with my 11 year old daughter at a theatre on the grounds of a University here. Must say, I was very touched by the film. Especially the parts of audio of the late Molly & Rodney Drake. However, wished it would have been longer focusing a bit more on the studio end and the people who helped to shape the music such as Robert Kirby, Joe Boyd and John Wood. But overall, it was worth the 2 year wait to see it. Unfortunately, the film will only be shown here for another 4 days. But I hope to be able to see it again before it leaves. It is indeed a tragedy, that such a talent as Nick, had left us so soon, without knowing or realizing the incredible impact his music would make 30 years after his death. Here’s toasting one for you Nick !
dave ritsema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I saw it here in Minneapolis. Twice. I found myself near tears at the end when they were playing the old home movies of him as a child on the beach. He seemed so innocent in those pictures. Loved the fact that they closed with my favorite tune - Northern Sky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: