NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

If It's Not Too Much Trouble.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnboyd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: If It's Not Too Much Trouble..... Reply with quote

If you would like to support a fellow musician, please visit www.johnnyboyd.info
jrm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Johnny, giving wIShing a listen now:

Wonderful guitar production. At first I thought this was a live production, as I could hear some background shuffling and what appeared to be an audience. But then the vocals came in and I realized it just had a stark production, really reminded me of some of the early Red House Painters. What kind of technology you recording on?

I thought production wise the vocals were a little sharp to listen to. Maybe the EQ is a little too harsh, not quite sure. But I actually very much enjoy the vocals. A lot of artists try the whisper and just sound terrible, but this had a nice sound to it.

I enjoyed it a lot. Good introduction by arpeggiating those chords. I just wish I had a bowl to light up while listening!

Good work man keep it up,
jrm
johnboyd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jrm -

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my music. Your timing couldn't be more perfect. The cd is taking so verrry long to complete. When so much time passes you begin to second guess everything about your songs. The vocals, the lyrics, the tempo, etc...

The 'rough cuts' - the ones on the website - were recorded using CuBase, some cheap mics and a free basement. The actual cd recordings - band included - are being recorded in a local studio.

As it says on the home page of my site, the songs are best received while smoking, drinking and relaxing. Tense, hyper people in a big rush will hate my music.

ALL - If you ever find yourself slightly intoxicated and mildly depressed take a peek at my NEW AND IMPROVED WEBSITE!. There you can listen to some new remixes of my music. Remember - I wrote the songs for YOU.

Anyway, thanks again jrm.

John
www.johnnyboyd.info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Musicians All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: