It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: If It's Not Too Much Trouble.....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 pm 

If you would like to support a fellow musician, please visit www.johnnyboyd.info

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:39 am 

Hey Johnny, giving wIShing a listen now:

Wonderful guitar production. At first I thought this was a live production, as I could hear some background shuffling and what appeared to be an audience. But then the vocals came in and I realized it just had a stark production, really reminded me of some of the early Red House Painters. What kind of technology you recording on?

I thought production wise the vocals were a little sharp to listen to. Maybe the EQ is a little too harsh, not quite sure. But I actually very much enjoy the vocals. A lot of artists try the whisper and just sound terrible, but this had a nice sound to it.

I enjoyed it a lot. Good introduction by arpeggiating those chords. I just wish I had a bowl to light up while listening!

Good work man keep it up,
jrm

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:08 pm 

Hi jrm -

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my music. Your timing couldn't be more perfect. The cd is taking so verrry long to complete. When so much time passes you begin to second guess everything about your songs. The vocals, the lyrics, the tempo, etc...

The 'rough cuts' - the ones on the website - were recorded using CuBase, some cheap mics and a free basement. The actual cd recordings - band included - are being recorded in a local studio.

As it says on the home page of my site, the songs are best received while smoking, drinking and relaxing. Tense, hyper people in a big rush will hate my music.

ALL - If you ever find yourself slightly intoxicated and mildly depressed take a peek at my NEW AND IMPROVED WEBSITE!. There you can listen to some new remixes of my music. Remember - I wrote the songs for YOU.

Anyway, thanks again jrm.

John
www.johnnyboyd.info

Offline Profile