NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Hanging On A Star alternate version?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Hanging On A Star alternate version? Reply with quote

Hey, was just wondering if anyone knows about an alternate version of 'Hanging On A Star' I have heard on the end of 'A Skin Too Few'. The vocals seem like the same as on 'Made To Love Magic' but sounds like the guitar is played different, I mean its possible that this is just an earlier mix but if anyone knows if there is another take / version from the last sessions Nick did then that would be really interesting- sounded like a better version too! Why leave me hanging on a star?- gosh- had to use that awful joke. If you can call it a joke.
wayne

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember hearing it, but it could be the version from Time of No Reply, which is a better take.
Richie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably talking about the version of the song from the old Time of No Reply compilation.. since the track is no longer commercially available I guess it's okay for me to upload it:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0spzi8

I don't agree that this is a "better" version (I prefer the one from Made to Love Magic!) but it's an entirely different approach to the song as opposed to just a different take.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that!
I just find it interesting as nicks last session is always described as him just sitting down and doing for songs, its interesting that he did different takes, unless this was earlier than then?- I like this version kinda adds a different mood to the song, instead of the urgentness of the made to love magic one, its more like Nick's just floating away hanging on his star....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Fans All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: