NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Judy Dyble's Talking With Strangers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> General Music Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIGCOOKIE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Judy Dyble's Talking With Strangers Reply with quote

I highly recommend this cd that just came out on the 10th with a vinyl edition to follow shortly.
I rate this up there as her best work.I like it as much as the stuff she did with Trader Horne.Also includes artists from No Man-Tim Bowness,Jacqui McShee (Pentangle), Julianne Regan (All About Eve), Simon Nicol (Fairport Convention), Celia Humphris (Trees) and King Crimson's Robert Fripp, Ian McDonald and Pat Mastelotto.
Below is a link where you can read info and reviews and if you like,you can purchase a copy from Burning Shed.Tell them Kurt sent ya.
http://www.burningshed.com/store/judydyble/product/156/1566/

Vinyl Copies can pre-ordered here....Just scroll down a little...

http://www.crazy-diamond.nl/tonefloat/html/news.htm

Lindisfarne-City Song
Nossuri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the album a couple of times and it's indeed a fine listen, although the last, long track, has some heavy (indeed King Crimson-like) moments. It also contains a cover of ELP's ballad C'est La Vie. By coincidence I discovered her previous album Th Whorl from 2006. It is less dreamy, a bit more folk-rock, with another great cover, this time of the beautiful I Talk To The Wind from King Crimson. Guests are amongst others Simon House, James Asher and Robert Fripp, while Marc Swordfish is the main musician/producer.

By the way, after playing some tracks from the first mentioned album in a local radio-program I do with some friends, I got some charming email-contacts with Judy.
BIGCOOKIE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nossuri wrote:
I heard the album a couple of times and it's indeed a fine listen, although the last, long track, has some heavy (indeed King Crimson-like) moments. It also contains a cover of ELP's ballad C'est La Vie. By coincidence I discovered her previous album Th Whorl from 2006. It is less dreamy, a bit more folk-rock, with another great cover, this time of the beautiful I Talk To The Wind from King Crimson. Guests are amongst others Simon House, James Asher and Robert Fripp, while Marc Swordfish is the main musician/producer.

By the way, after playing some tracks from the first mentioned album in a local radio-program I do with some friends, I got some charming email-contacts with Judy.

Hi Nossuri,
You are correct.Judy is very correspondent if you decide to contact her.A very nice lady.
I have a couple vinyl copy's of the Spindle and the Whorl which has the best songs off of each of those 2 releases with a little different mix.It is packaged very well.I believe they are all sold out but you can find them on ebay for outrageous prices.This should sell for a third of this price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390080667755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
It is so cool that you have your own radio program.I would love to do that.
Thanks for the info...

Lindisfarne-City Song
Nossuri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIGCOOKIE wrote:

Yeah, once a week playing music you like for other people. When you go to the archive page of our site you'll notice we've played some music from Nick too; we even had an one hour special in which we played originals and covers.

Thanks for the info on the compilation.
BIGCOOKIE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nossuri wrote:
BIGCOOKIE wrote:

Yeah, once a week playing music you like for other people. When you go to the archive page of our site you'll notice we've played some music from Nick too; we even had an one hour special in which we played originals and covers.

Thanks for the info on the compilation.

Thanks for the link,I'll have to check out the show sometime.
As for the Spindle and Whorl lp,The ebay seller linked in my previous post bought up what looks like were the remaining copies from here.They were selling for $50.
http://www.burningshed.com/store/judydyble/product/156/581/

Lindisfarne-City Song
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> General Music Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: