It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What is Money?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:19 am 

So there I wuz, mindin me own business, sittin down, drinkin some wine; when up comes some nasty squirrel, buzzin and chipperin and making a noise. So I says to he, ` look, git ye away from me; here be 5 dollar as incitement.'

But squirrel paid no mind, so I upped to ante to a 20 an says `looky, 20 bucks.... now plumb off'.

But squirrel never minded and now I wonder what money is ( and what monkeys are).

Food might have sometin to do wit it.

Egads,

Arthur.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 pm 

Well you made the first mistake by trying to give him five bucks. You should have cracked the lil' varmint over the head with yer geetar and roasted the wee fella for lunch. You've already got the wine to go with it/him/her :lol:
Money, another mad invention by man. Or a woman. No, definatly a man.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm 

Yeah i think he name was Nimrod, or Beelzebub.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 pm 

If anyone has money and doesn't know what it is please feel free to send it to me in a jiffy bag and I'll send back a postcard explaining exactly what it is.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:07 am 

I have money all the time (well not ALL the time) and I look at this strange semi-paper with numbers and figures and intricate designs and I wonder... so this is really what it's all about..??

And I think, what a strange and fantastic planet this must be; with such strange and convoluted creatures living therein.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:56 pm 

Money is something everyone needs - instead of formative trade of old, there is favour for a controlled trade of paper with an ugly persons face on it- from birth into class, education and possessiveness. Many will find themselves homeless without this understanding, and indeed are so.

I remember during a mushroom trip I saw through all of its causations and realised nobody actually needs it, even the homeless are sometimes happier than those earning yet they do not “earn”.

I think to Bob Dylans comment, that he has never understood the merits of employment (money earned), and how he has worked but never lasted long due to complete delusion.

People can do great things with money but I am in no mood to speak of it now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:15 pm 

Just to put Bob Dylan into perspective - He would have much rather been homeless than work another day for such a stupid fabrication of wealth. Those who have not read volume 1 of Chronicles please do so…

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm 

Has anyone heard of those whom have complained about money when they have it? Let’s think back to Bobby D and think him a hypoctyte - for he is a performer, often not wanting to perform for money, nor people’s pleasure in times of his depression, yet he has, through a poetic medium, earned the stuff (thousands of dollars). Erm….

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 am 

`Someone said that money talked.
But Bobby said it swore'

Well he was wrong...

For CURSING is what money is for..'

Lines from an unrecorded song of me called `Trick of the Trade'

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm 

LostBoy wrote:
Well you made the first mistake by trying to give him five bucks. You should have cracked the lil' varmint over the head with yer geetar and roasted the wee fella for lunch. You've already got the wine to go with it/him/her :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm 

Money is that from which a fool is soon parted.

For an even more pertinent definition please see the end of this post.

Speaking of which there was entirely successfully and rather quickly vanquished this past month by my mind the intrusive and parasitic thought of actually purchasing when happening across it at a news stand the last edition of News Of The World.

Then there is The Economist. I had read a couple issues and thought it pretty cool so decided to subscribe this past year. Soon will come the time when I need to determine if I harbor sufficient desire for renewal. The question is whether this journal is sufficiently intellectually motivating to occasion the same. Actually they seem to call themselves a “newspaper”. Of course in matters of finance one is not primarily interested in intellectual stimulation. One is interested in what works. However a certain amount of intellectual subtlety might cause me to consider that The Economist is actually saying something of value and not merely functioning more or less as a conduit for conservative drivel. It also would be good for them to hear this.

Money is that force in which society's interest -- for the purpose of lubricating and assuring successful function of the socioeconomic machine -- is equitable distribution.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:07 pm 

The equitable distribution of money would destroy money, that is, if everyone had the same amount of money it would be the same as if everyone had no money.

Money has power, in large part, (mostly) by its inequitable distribution.

Money is one of the few things that defies gravity, for it all goes up the mountain.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:14 am 

The thought that money is valueless if all have the same amount is new to me and gave me pause.

For the moment however I have to disagree.

In the scenario of all having the same quantity of money if there is no motivation to go after any one person more than any other then one just goes after two or three or more persons.

If the value of money essentially were a function of wealth disparity then the US dollar should have grown over the past forty years in comparison to currencies of relatively equitable countries e.g. Germany Switzerland Japan because US wealth disparity has increased substantially over that period. Instead I believe the dollar has steadily fallen in comparative value. Of course other factors also are involved.

Certainly a negative aspect of supposing wealth disparity determines the value of money is use of the idea by the advantaged to justify their status and an ever increasing status. Until society finally revolts.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:19 am 

`Old Black Joe still pickin cotton
for your ribbons and bows'

Leonard Cohen `Everybody Knows'

so many of us are still pickin cotton.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:42 am 

Money has no intrinsic value. I mean the shit doesn't even burn well. You cant eat it , though I suppose you can wipe yer bum with it, It only has value by virtue of power which states by fiat that it has such value.

Such statement of value is always backed up by force. That is physical coercion. That's how these things go.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderator: Matt (admin) Go to page 1, 2  Next