It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spoof Nick Drake concert flyer - help?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:05 am 

I discovered Nick Drake not by his music but by his hair. And possibly his height. And now I need a bit of help.

See, what had happened was, I needed an artist's model for a character in my work of fiction - this character is tall and big with long, dark, wavy hair. I entered those characteristics into Google and ran an image search, and one of the results was a Nick Drake concert poster. I'd never heard of the guy, but in his picture he appeared to be a plump fellow, maybe in his 40s, with long, dark, wavy hair. Close enough for my purposes, so I clicked on it, and it became clear that the poster was a fake - a spoof along the lines of "if Nick Drake were still alive..."

I don't remember much about the link or its purpose, but I was interested enough to click through to Nick's Wikipedia article, read it and find him intriguing. [I didn't listen to any of his music, though .. that came about 6 months later when I was searching for songs about abandonment and came across Way To Blue at the top of some blogger's Top 10 list. I recognized the singer's name as that poor dead English boy from the poster, and this time I paid attention. So glad I did, too.]

Anyway, does that poster, or that piece of satire or whatever it was, sound familiar to any of y'all? I've tried every applicable search parameter I can think of in several different configurations but I can't seem to find it again, and now I'm dying to know what the context was. From what little I can remember, it was two-toned, black images and text on a yellowish background, with a pudgy, middle-aged Nick-alike who may or may not have been holding a guitar.

Thanks for any help!

Offline Profile