NickDrake.com
Discuss the music of Nick Drake.

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Five Leaves Left playback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt (admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Five Leaves Left playback Reply with quote

Hi all

Just had some info through about another Nick-related event in London.

===

A Communal & Audiophile Listening Experience

Those of you that attended the Classic Album Sundays events that we ran as part of our Syd Barrett and Nirvana exhibitions will know just magical collective listening experiences can be.

Due to overwhelming demand, we're delighted to present a playthrough of Nick Drake's seminal album Five Leaves Left as you've never heard it before with Grahamís Hi Fi.

With over 40 years passed since its 1969 release, Nick Drake's widely ignored album Five Leaves Left has only been given the full appreciation it deserves in recent years.

Join us for a very special evening as we discuss Nick Drake, the record and open our ears to one one of the most beautiful albums ever recorded, collectively - an opportunity to "bask in the unique vision captured and be grateful that, for a short period, Nick Drake was able to share it with us all." - Chris Jones, BBC.

Hosted by Classic Album Sundays' founder, DJ and Nick Drake fan Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy, the evening will begin with an introduction to The Strange Face Project by Michael Burdett and includes complimentary refreshments. We will also be joined by author Patrick Humphries, who will be telling us how he pulled together the first ever Nick Drake biography in the days before the Internet.

"People say they hear things they've never heard before, they can hear 'deeper'." - Colleen Murphy.

With only 80 seats available, the last few tickets now remain. Tickets are £10 each and can be bought online here.

To avoid the booking fee pop into the gallery and buy one in person from reception.

Doors Open 6.30pm
Speakers from 7.00pm
Playthrough from 8.00pm

Info at http://gallery.ideageneration.co.uk/blogs/961/view
Seran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Matt - I certainly would like to go. However, maybe its an initiative test (which I've certainly failed ) Very Happy , but where is this being held? I can't see an address anywhere on the website!

Suzuki Masajo
Matt (admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, fairly well hidden isn't it! It's near Shoreditch - 11 Chance Street, E2 7JB

Map
Seran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Suzuki Masajo
Matt (admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...the title is Classic Album Sundays yet the date (09/02/12) is a Thursday...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NickDrake.com Forum Index -> Fans All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: